Fall is here and so are fresh figs!
I’ve seen so many different recipes with figs, but wanted to keep this one light and simple. So to balance out the sweetness of the figs, I decided to combine them with goat cheese and honey. For the goat cheese, I came across a version that was spreadable which was ideal for this dish. If you can’t find one that is spreadable, just let it get to room temperature before spreading so it’s a bit easier to work with.
Along with a fresh loaf of bread that I lightly toasted in the oven, the combination of the figs, goat cheese and honey was perfection. A simple dish that is perfect for snacking.
- 4 slices crusty bread
- Goat cheese (spreadable if available)
- 4 figs, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut bread into ¼ inch slices
- Add to a foil lined baking sheet and bake 5-7 minute until lightly toasted
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before spreading the goat cheese
- Once cool, spread bread with goat cheese
- Top with a few slices of figs (enough to cover the bread - about 1 fig per piece of bread depending on size)
- Drizzle with honey
Photos by Sarah Lockhart