I’m lucky to work just a few blocks away from the Union Square Greenmarket, and every week I walk through to pick up fresh groceries for the week. A few days ago, I stumbled across a huge selection of homemade jams from Beth’s Farm Kitchen. After tasting a few, I bought their raspberry jam – super delicious and not too sweet!
I thought it would be perfect for breakfast, topped on what else? Cheese.
I picked up a loaf of multigrain bread to add some extra flavor and texture (much better than white bread), and a container of fresh ricotta cheese (you HAVE to use fresh!) to give a nice balance to the jam. In just a few minutes, you have a flavorful and yummy breakfast.
- 2 slices (cut ½ inch thick) of multigrain bread
- 8 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- 4-5 tablespoons raspberry jam (or any other flavor you prefer!)
- Toast sliced bread and slice in half
- Place ricotta in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes (it will reach a nice creamy consistency)
- Add a generous pinch of salt and mix to combine
- Spread ricotta on toast (about 1 tablespoon per slice - you will have leftovers, just place back in your container and pop in the fridge!)
- Top with jam and serve