I love carrots – one of my favorite vegetables. I typically roast them with just olive oil, salt and pepper, but this time around I wanted to kick it up a notch. And by kicking it up a notch, I mean adding them on top of whipped fresh ricotta cheese and topping that with a big drizzle of honey. DELICIOUS!
When roasting carrots, you don’t necessarily think of adding cheese to the mix, but the ricotta adds a yummy, creamy texture and the honey adds the perfect touch of sweetness to bring it all together.
At the market I found some pretty tri-color baby carrots, which really elevates the dish. And the presentation of this recipe is really beautiful – it’s a perfect side to serve at dinner alongside a roast chicken (these would go great with my baked chicken thighs) or pork chops.
- 1 dozen tri-color baby carrots (cleaned, greenery removed)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces fresh ricotta
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place carrots in a large bowl and season with a large pinch of salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil, stir to combine
- Remove from bowl and add to a foil-lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with honey
- Place in oven and roast for 30-35 minutes until fork tender (this may take more time depending on the size of your carrots)
- Meanwhile, place ricotta in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes until creamy and smooth
- Season with a large pinch of salt and pepper, set aside until carrots are finished
- Remove carrots from oven
- Smear the ricotta on a platter
- Place carrots on top
- Top carrots with another nice drizzle of honey and garnish with freshly chopped parsley