You can never go wrong with a potato side dish, and these are a perfect addition to go alongside chicken, pork or beef.
I used tri-color potatoes, the purple especially adds such a beautiful pop of color that makes this dish so much more fun.
Now I would say this is more of an “un-recipe” as there are no exact measurements for the olive oil, salt, pepper, pecorino and parsley. Just drizzle and season to taste – super easy!
Once these are done, you’ll have potatoes that are crispy and golden on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.
- 8 small tri-color potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place potatoes on a baking pan lined with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes
- Take a glass with a flat, smooth bottom and press gently on top of each potato to smash without breaking apart
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees
- Place pan back in oven and bake for 15 additional minutes
- Take out, drizzle with more olive oil and place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy
- Remove from oven and top with a sprinkling of pecorino and freshly chopped parsley