On my weekly trip to the farmers market, I came across such a great assortment of tri-color cherry tomatoes, I had to pick some up for the weekend. With a beach trip planned, I thought these would be perfect for a pasta salad.
The tomatoes combined with fresh basil (also from the farmers market), feta cheese (can’t go wrong with that!) and some olive oil and balsamic, you have a light, fresh and super delicious snack that is ready in minutes.
- ⅓ pound bow tie pasta
- 2 pints tir-color cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 8 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in a small pot of salted boiling water until al dente
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking
- Place pasta in a medium bowl and combine with tomatoes, basil, feta
- Add olive oil and a splash of balsamic
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Combine and serve